Thursday, January 12, 2012

2011 Wrap-Up and Thoughts on the New Year

Yes, I know we are now 12 days into the new year, but hopefully you'll cut me some slack since I was away when I normally would have written this post.  2011 was one wonderful year, that's for sure, and I will be amazed and grateful if 2012 is half the year that 2011 was!  Instead of doing a massively long post, I think I'll just bullet point all of the things I had to be grateful about last year:

  • My parents moved back to DC, and I realized how truly fortunate I am to have them just a Metro ride away
  • I moved into a wonderful new apartment!
  • I gained lots of experience and had many more opportunities at work
  • I got to spend time with old friends and get to know new ones
  • I was fortunate enough to be reunited with my best friends 3 TIMES!
  • My family and friends were in reasonably good health
  • I got to explore new cities (namely, Chicago) and have gotten to know DC so much better as well.  Considering that I never left Georgetown as an undergrad, my overall understanding of the layout of DC has improved by leaps and bounds!

  • I met the guy who would turn into the most wonderful boyfriend a girl could ever ask for.  I can't believe we're coming up on our first anniversary so soon (March 3rd), and he makes me feel like the luckiest girl in the world!
I am not big on making New Year's resolutions (I am that angry everyday gym-goer who is visibly annoyed each year as my gym becomes infinitely more crowded for the month of January), but I actually kept mine last year (running my half-marathon!), so it made me want to try it again.  One of them comes with a caveat: if I am healthy enough (and if I can manage to avoid injury for longer than a week, which I have thus far been entirely unsuccessful at), I want to run the Marine Corps Marathon this year.  It is at the end of October/early November, so I'm hopeful that I can make it happen.  My other goal is to be more honest, however that manifests itself.  I am just about the most non-confrontational person you will ever meet, so speaking my mind can be difficult at times.  But I am committed to working on that this year, and have already had some good success with it! 

I can't wait to see all of the adventures and memories that 2012 holds! Wishing you all the happiness and good health in the world in this not-so-New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment