Storms and oppressive heat aside, it turned out to be a lovely weekend! Dinner with Dan's parents was really wonderful, especially since I adore the two of them and always enjoy the time I get to spend with them. Dan's cousin (who, coincidentally, lives in his building) also joined us, and she was really great. We bonded over our European travels (especially our love of Switzerland). We had dinner at West End Bistro, where Dan and I had gone once before for Restaurant Week, and it was once again delicious. Then we made it home just before the storm started and watched a movie. It was a perfectly low-key night. Dan had to be up early to go golfing on Saturday, so I didn't get to spend much time with him this weekend, but I used the free afternoon to go for what ended up being a painful 8-mile run (I ran at about 11:30 and hadn't eaten breakfast beforehand, so I learned that, while it's well and good to run first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, running that late without having eaten isn't going to cut it, and I felt like I was going to pass out with each and every step) and Skype with Kristin (whose wedding will be a year from this past Friday!!!!! HOORAY!). I then met up with a group of girlfriends at Mellow Mushroom for some delicious pizza, and then a smaller group of us migrated to Rumba Cafe on 18th Street for DELICIOUS mojitos (seriously, delicious and strong).
Jamie and I at Rumba Cafe
Donell and Lauren at Rumba
On Sunday morning, I got up early so that I could run part of the way to brunch. We were meeting in Eastern Market and it was already probably about 90 degrees and humid at 8 a.m., but I ran six miles and then metroed/walked the rest of the way. It was not the best run, but it could have been worse given how hot it was. I was also pleased with myself because, between my runs on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I had run 8 miles! I was pretty excited about that total. I met up with Lauren and Cat at (where else) Ted's Bulletin, because Cat had never tried the legendary pop tarts. As usual, they did not disappoint. We poked around the market for a bit and then Lauren and I trekked back to her apartment, where the promise of air conditioning and water awaited. We sat around chatting for a bit, and then I went home so that Molly and I could see Magic Mike (hilarious, but totally ridiculous haha. Definitely entertaining!). We ended the evening by watching an episode of Mad Men while having dinner, so it was a nice, relaxing end to the weekend before what I'm sure will be a hectic week. Bring it on! I'm so excited for all that we have going on! And here's hoping that the heat will die down a little bit...
Beautiful flowers at Eastern Market



No comments:
Post a Comment