Monday, November 12, 2012

My Belated Take on THE ELECTION


 
Aside from Barack winning last week (HOORAY! Although, I was pretty nervous early on, which poor Dan can attest to), last night was a VERY exciting night for America, in my opinion.
 
The highlights:
  • 12 Hoyas elected to the U.S. Congress in the 2012 election (SO PROUD!)
  • There will be at least 19 female senators in the new Congress
  • Sen. Claire McAskill defended her Missouri Senate seat against the evil Todd Akin
  • Joe Donnelly defeated the equally evil Richard Mourdock for the Indiana Senate seat
Basically, I think we showed in this election that female voters will not stand for attacks on our liberties.  Female votes are an asset to whoever wins them, and I'm glad that so many female voters were able to resist the urge to vote for candidates who waged a war on women.  I was a very happy gal indeed!  However, my attitude the day after the election was not that our president should be taking some time off (however well-deserved) after a rigorous and grueling race), but, rather, should jump right in to trying to get this country back on track, directly responding to serious reservations that voters voiced about him.

Let's do this, America! 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment