I'm not really sure what has been going on in the weather-sphere lately, but the past few days have been bananas. We got some snow on Thursday night/Friday morning, which warmed my little New England heart, and then it was pretty normal chilly {but not crazily so} winter weather over the weekend and on Monday. Flash forward to yesterday and it feels like -1 {although it could have been colder at some points}. Ummm…
I truly looked like a freak show yesterday on my walk to work {Dan obviously scolded me for walking, but I explained him that I needed to stop at the grocery store to pick up dinner, because really, who likes going to the grocery store after work?! Not this girl}: picture a marshmallow-like creature waddling down the street, wearing fleece socks under her boots, a heavy Irish sweater {which, although warm as all get out, and, thus, incredibly practical for that day, slightly resembles a muumuu} under her down coat, a hat on under her hood, two pairs of gloves and a rosy-red nose buried in a scarf. That was me in a nutshell. And I was still cold {however, I will say that the Irish sweater was my best call of the day}.
It is again quite chilly today {it was 4 degrees when I watched the news at the gym this morning}, and will get up to the high 50s by the weekend. SAY WHAT?!??? Get it together, D.C., and figure out whether you want it to be winter or spring!!! You're worse than a post-New Year's yo-yo dieter! Make up your mind and commit either way!
That was a convenient little segue to the fact that, as someone who exercises approximately 360 days a year, I HATE the post-New Year gym rush. There are only 5 treadmills in our 20-floor building, and you can only imagine the death glares I give to the resolutioners who take one of those precious treadmills at 5 a.m. Seriously people, get out. K thanks.
In other news, we watched Jim Gaffigan's "Mr. Universe" on Netflix last night, and seriously, people, tears were rolling down my face from how hard I was laughing, and I was on the verge of getting sick to my stomach. Truly hilarious stuff {and from a Georgetown grad to boot!}, and I found it so refreshing to watch an improv act that was not completely lewd the entire time. So now we're all pumped up to see him live this weekend!
Happy Wednesday, friends! Stay warm wherever you are!!!
An Enduring Hunger
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment