Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My Crafty Christmas

This Christmas, I decided to change things up a little bit in terms of gifts.  Now, I can't give away what I gave all of my friends and family, because not everyone has received  their gifts yet, butI have to share one in particular because I thought it was especially crafty on my part.  Thanks to some inspiration from Pinterest, I decided to make a friend's wedding invitation into a Christmas ornament!  I was really pleased with the result, so here is a picture!
How I did it: I copied the invitation onto gold vellum paper, so that I could keep the original copy of the invitation.  I then cut the invitation into strips and curled the ends with scissors.  Next, I strug some clear fishing wire through a few lines (I tried to do 3-4) and then fed each of the lines into the ornament.  Once all of them were in, there was definitely some maneuvering that I had to do, but I was very pleased with the result.  I topped it off with a ribbon, and voila!  (Note: the ornament is a hard plastic one that I bought at Michael's.  It has a removable top- perfect for putting the paper into the ornament!).

One of my coworkers also gave me a recipe for Santa Hat Brownies, so of course I had to make them!  I made them last night, and was very pleased with the result!
I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!  I got slightly soaked when a car drove through a puddle and got me wet this morning, but luckily, I was wearing my raincoat that reminds me of those plastic ones you have when you're five, so I didn't get as wet as I could have.  Despite being a little bit soggy, I am determined that today is going to be a good day (maybe it's because we watched Elf last night and I'm just in a cheery mood.  Dan pointed out that I really resemble Buddy in a lot of ways, and I have to agree with him haha)!

No comments:

Post a Comment