Okay, I just have to start by saying that I am not at all a procrastinator (in fact, when I was in college, I would set artificial deadlines for myself for days before papers and theses were due, and, damn it, I stuck to them!), but this packing for Europe thing has got me befuddled. For those of you who know me, you know that packing light is not one of my strengths, so planning for less than 50 pounds (in fact, 45 would be preferable) is not exactly my strong suit.
I have been so busy this week (mostly with baking, which, as I declared to my roommate during my third straight night of baking on Wednesday, I hate, which, for those of you who know me, is utter blasphemy) that I really haven't had too much time to pack. I did pick out the 7 outfits that I will be bringing for my 14 days on the Continent, and for me, it was difficult to limit myself to that many. And sure, there are some things that I won't be able to pack until Sunday night, but I am anticipating that I will need to pack and re-pack after weighing my bag, because I refuse to let my bag be overweight. I am determined to turn over a new leaf!!! It could be an interesting Sunday afternoon indeed!
But, moving on to more important things, my mom and I are leaving for Strasbourg on Monday! It is surreal to me that our departure is so imminent. I know that, when we get to Strasbourg and I am frolicking at my beloved Christmas market, it will feel as though no time has passed at all, when, in actuality, I lived there THREE YEARS ago (God, that's so depressing, to think that it's been that long!). I know that it will be very emotional for me to reconnect with my old city, and I'm so excited that I'll get to share that with my mom before we meet up with my dad and Tim in Paris. In the few days that I have left in the States, I will be feverishly trying to wrap up projects at work, saying goodbyes to friends, and spending lots of quality time with Dan before I leave him for two weeks :(.
Now, as far as blogging while we're on our trip, it will entirely depend on how much time I have and what the internet connectivity is like there. My main priority is having email access to message loved ones, but, if I have the time and a strong Wifi connection, I will make every effort to pen some quick updates. If not, you can expect a GARGANTUAN catch-up post when we return on January 1st.
As a quick aside, something that has kept me entertained this week is the Georgetown Hipster meme. Now, being that I am not a hipster, the word meme has only come to my attention within the past week, but, for whatever reason, the outside world (obviously, people who have never set foot on this campus that is just oozing with preppy people) believes that Georgetown is a hipster school? Erm, okay then...I did look through a lot of the memes, though, and chuckle to myself, and I am thankful to this website for adding a little bit of humor to an otherwise stressful week.
I am wishing you all, my dear readers (all five of you haha) Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year!
An Enduring Hunger
10 years ago
I'll be sending good vibes for your new leaf. I am hopeful to turn over a new leaf in packing ON TIME instead of procrastinating, because I leave super early Monday and do not want to be rushed or too sleep-deprived!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to catch up before you go!