Wednesday, September 19, 2012

That moment when...

...I rediscovered Georgetown!  And oh, what a discovery it was!  I have spent so much time in Georgetown over the past 6+ years that, frankly, I had gotten a little sick of it, preferring to explore other areas of DC.  Last night, I met up with my dear friend Jamie, who I had not seen in AGES (thanks in part to her extensive work travel and my NH vacation and then stay in VA Beach) for dinner at Café La Ruche, literally one of the most adorable restaurants I have ever been to.  I first went there two-and-a-half years ago, during Senior Week, for Allie's birthday dinner, and, being that it is really tucked away on a side street, I always tend to forget about it.  But Jamie and I were planning on gorging ourselves on cupcakes after dinner at Baked & Wired, so, when she suggested some place with light fare for dinner, Café La Ruche came immediately to mind.  See pictures below!

Seriously, have you seen a more adorable restaurant?!

The interior, also adorable

Not only is the restaurant cute and quaint (French décor, including Parisian street signs, everywhere), but the food is cheap and delicious!  I got a vegetable quiche and Jamie got French Onion Soup and a brie plate, so we got to sit there and catch up, munching on our yummy food and listening to the guitar-playing of the resident musician.  When we got there, the restaurant was empty, but, before long, a HUGE French tourist group (we're talking 30ish people) crammed into the tiny restaurant, and, I think the fact that there were so many French people there proves that the place is legit.

From there, we walked a block along the canal to B&W, where we got to sit and chat some more before shutting the place down.  A walk back to Dupont was a perfect ending for the evening, since the rain, which had been following constantly throughout the day, had let up for the evening.  A wonderful evening with a true kindred spirit, as Anne Shirley would say!

No comments:

Post a Comment