Here goes...no shame, right?
~ People Mag. Obviously. Those of you who know me can attest to the fact that, although I fully understand that life in LaLa Land is about as far away from real life as you can get, I devour each issue of People. I especially love ogling over celebrity weddings and adorable celebrity children {Harper Beckham. Seriously. I think I find her adorable because I was that roly-poly as a child, and, thus, am predisposed to have roly-poly children of my own}. I have subscribed to The Mag since I was 12, and, with a 2014 expiration of my subscription looming, I know I should just rip the Band-Aid and move on, but I don't know if I can...
~ Cookie dough. If any of you have ever lived with me {I'm looking at you A, A, C, K, K, K and M...damn, I have a lot of friends whose names start with K!} you will know that I make egg-free cookie dough for myself and freeze it for when I want a snack...which is pretty much every day. In the spirit of full disclosure, because there is no shame, I will even provide you with the recipe that I use:
1 stick butter
12 tbsp. brown sugar
dash vanilla
2 cups flour
1 can fat-free condensed milk**
1 bag Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips {yes, I go for the heavy-hitting chocolate. Go big or go home}
**The fact that it is fat-free {but not calorie free, mind you} makes me judge myself slightly less. Also, in terms of directions, I don't know, just stir it all together. Like how professional my recipe sounds?
There, that wasn't so bad, was it? I know you're all judging, but, for this post, and this post only, I'm immune to judgment. Onward, comrades...
~ Gossip Girl. Okay, this one I actually judge myself for. For God knows what reason, I actually used to watch this show religiously, but have fallen off the bandwagon {but why? you may ask yourself}. Lately, when I have been lounging around at home with nothing better to do or have just needed background noise for whatever activity I am working on, I turn on an episode. Why, I have no idea. The show is so terrible. But it falls under the header of a guilty pleasure.
~ Wedding blogs. Again, to those of you who know me and my dream of being a wedding planner, this will come as no surprise. I have had my own wedding planned out for, oh, I don't know, a few years {poor Dan, even though he knows of my desire to plan weddings, he only just recently just figured this particular fact out...oops?}, but I am constantly finding new inspiration for my own wedding, as well as friends' big days in the future. Also, Pinterest is a fantastic way to get sucked into Wedding Land.
~ Running. Okay y'all {first of all, did I just say y'all?}, I am officially addicted to running. If you had met me, oh, three years ago, I would have turned up my nose at running. Part of that was due to apparently poorly-managed exercise-induced asthma {I always like to tell people how I always struggeld during the Presidential Fitness Test during elementary school because, without fail, I always had an asthma attack during the Mile Run}, but part of it was perhaps a slight laziness. It is just so much easier to go on the stationary bike or the elliptical, where there is virtually no risk of injury or being picked off by a car. Now, I'm drinking the juice. With two half-marathons under my belt, I'm setting my sights on my first marathon, which I begin training for in about a week. Holy moly, there is nothing like a runner's high. I run through pain just so I can get it {I think I tweaked my ankle a little bit this morning, and, while the logical part of my brain tells me to stay off of it and ice it, the less rational part of my brain might run on it anyway....or, might compromise by going on the elliptical. Yes, I know it's insane, and I have been privy to my boyfriend's disapproving headshakes enough times to know that it's insane, but even going a day without it makes me grumpy. Because of that mentality, my body may not be able to take more than one marathon, but damn it, I want to be able to tell my kids someday that Mommy ran a marathon.
As usual, I'm getting wordy, so who knows, maybe I'll sneak some more guilty pleasures into my posts this month. If you want to make me really happy, and feel less awkward for having exposed some of my guilty pleasures, maybe you'll comment and write in some of your own. Pretty please?
Aww, thank you for the sweet shout out! And I love No Shame November lists...so fun to read and inspires me to come out with my own list guilty pleasures (because let's be honest, there are so many), ha.
ReplyDelete