Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Much-Needed Short Week

After working myself to the bone last week and unsuccessfully warding off a cold, I knew that I needed a break this week to recharge.  Luckily I am going to take tomorrow off, which means that today is fake Friday!

What am I planning to do with my extra day?  Well, I first have to knock out a 13-miler, the longest run of marathon training thus far.  My foot has been bothering me {damn tendonitis} for the past few weeks, but I am hoping that it will hold up, because I NEED this run.  There has been far too much food sitting around my office this week, and I am feeling it!

After my run, I am planning on reversing all of my hard work and baking something {seriously, I don't know why I do this to myself} and maybe kicking back to do some Christmas card writing and gift wrapping.

Dan's parents are in town for the next couple days, so I'm really excited to get together for dinner tomorrow night.  And then, Dan and I have already planned to watch Elf {because really, it's not Christmas season until you've watched it}  It should be a great way to close out my day off!

No comments:

Post a Comment