Our wedding season has come to a triumphant end, and, I have to say, I'm a little bit disappointed that I don't have another wedding to look forward to in a few weeks! This weekend, Trey, Dan's swimming buddy from high school, and his now-wife Ashley got married, and it was, in a word, wonderful. The reception was at the same golf club where Dan's friend Molly married her husband Weathers earlier this summer, and it was really fun to be back. Trey and Ashley did some things differently that made it seem as though we were at another venue, so hooray for them for accomplishing that feat! There was a palpable amount of love in that room, and that, I think, is what makes for the best weddings. I always enjoy spending time with Dan and his friends, and there was an added bonus at this wedding of his parents and some close family friends being there, so I enjoyed talking to them as well. As usual, Dan's mom sent us home with several pounds of snacks, which we love her for!!
While I took the doc's advice and wore my boot at the wedding {and was complimented on my commitment to dancing despite the boot, thank you very much}, I definitely overdid it this weekend, between dancing and walking more than I should have. My body is definitely telling me to slow down this week, so how convenient that I will be going to Winnipesaukee on Thursday, where I will do nothing BUT relax!!
Dan was very sweet and protective of me all weekend as I hobbled around the various wedding weekend events, whether it was helping me down flights of stairs or running back to the car for me to grab things that I had forgotten. He is a keeper, that one :) There's a funny thing about weddings, too, that you always fall more deeply in love with your significant other. The hopeless romantic in me loves that about weddings...so, bring on the next wedding season!!!!!! We've already got three lined up for next summer {one of Dan's friends, one of my friends and two mutual friends}, so I'm sure the promise of those summer celebrations will get us through the dreariness of winter.
An Enduring Hunger
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment