On Friday night, Dan and I grabbed dinner with my siblings (for those of you who don't know me, I have one biological brother, but two additional "brothers" and one "sister," all of whom are very close family friends, close enough that I consider them all to be my siblings. And luckily for me, all of them are Georgetown students, so we try to grab dinner every once in a while) at Tombs, which, as tends to be the case with that group, was marked by hysterical laughter. I am often the butt of my brothers' jokes, but I have grown to realize over the years that that is how they show their love. I love that Dan gets to see that side of me occasionally, because they teach me how I can't take myself too seriously, and make me realize that I am imperfect (not that I pretend to be imperfect when I'm around him haha). After dinner, Dan and I grabbed a drink at Blackfinn in Bethesda, which I made a mental note of because it would be a great place to go out dancing. Not exactly ideal for going and having a conversation with your boyfriend, but the atmosphere was neat.
On Saturday morning, it didn't matter that we were slow to get out of bed because our destination for the day, Annapolis, was only 45 minutes away! Neither of us had been there before, so we decided to take advantage of the extra day and have ourselves a little day trip. Now, I will tell you that there is not a whole heck of a lot to do in Annapolis, but it definitely reminded me of home in its New England quaintness. We walked around by the water, got some lunch at a local bar, did a self-guided tour of the Naval Academy, walked a little bit more, got milkshakes and headed home. A quiet night at home with some pizza and watching the Georgetown game on TV was just what the doctor ordered.
On Sunday, I went to high tea at The Mayflower with Lauren, which was so.much.fun. Getting all dressed up to go sip tea (with pinkies out, of course) and eat tea sandwiches and sweets made me feel like a little kid again, and I was so happy to have gotten to share that experience with one of my best friends. I had actually bought it for her as a part of her birthday present (for a birthday taht was in September), so I was glad that we were finally able to find a time to go. Also, the waiter called me "Madame," so I was happy as a clam! We then walked around and did some window shopping before meeting up with a couple of friends to see This Means War, the new Reese Witherspoon movie. So disappointing. Don't see it.
On Monday, Dan and I tasked ourselves with finding him some new work clothes. On the top of the list were: a new suit, a dress shirt and dress shoes. He had asked me earlier on in the week if I wanted to go, because I had expressed interest MONTHS AGO in going with him, because the thought of
Yet another incredible weekend, and in 3 DAYS (count 'em, three!!!!), I will be traveling to Austin to visit Kate and meet up with Kristin! Ahhhhhh, so excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment