Dan and I had a really smooth trip on the bus, both ways. Sure, we could have saved an hour each way and taken the train, but we both decided it was worth it to pay a fraction of the cost and slum it on the bus. Once we got to New York, we met up with our friends James and Lindsay {the latter of whom had just arrived from DC on the train} and walked over to James's place. We agreed to go to sleep on the early side, since James, Lindsay and I all had to do a 12-miler for marathon training and wanted to get it over with on Saturday morning. We were up at the crack of dawn {7, to be exact, an ungodly hour for a Saturday} and, after Dan ran part of the way with us, the three of us ran around Central Park. Boy, was that ever a great run! I loved running around the park and, since James ran up ahead of us and Lindsay and I were running at a slightly slower pace, the run was so enjoyable. We gabbed the entire way and cheered each other on when our joints started hurting. There is definitely something to be said for having a training partner!!
After all of us showered and got ready in what has to be record-setting time, we scarfed down some bagels and power-walked to MSG for the Hoya game. It was the first time that both Dan and I had been in the storied Garden, and luckily our Hoyas made the trip worth it, handily defeating St. John's. After the game, we headed to a bar, where we ran into a whole smattering of friends, both my friends, and Dan, James and Lindsay's swimming friends. It was a great time, especially since we don't usually partake in the post-game celebrations after home games. Afterward, we walked over to the High Line and then grabbed some snacks before heading back home. We went to 4 Napkins for a burger dinner and spent an hour or so at a low-key bar before calling it a night.
On Sunday morning, we met up with a few of my cousins and two of the kiddos {the same ones who had visited DC over Thanksgiving, plus a few more} for brunch, which was a lot of fun. Dan had never met anyone from my dad's side of the family, so I had been really looking forward to introducing him to then. We had a really nice time, and I enjoyed seeing my family in their natural Manhattan habitat. From there, we headed home, and our wonderful New York weekend was over. Sure, I may still maintain that the Big Apple is too big a city for me to ever consider moving to, but I really enjoyed our time there. Spending time with friends, family, and, of course, my amazing travel buddy, really made the weekend perfect. I look forward to hopefully going back soon {which will definitely happen if baby bro moves there after graduation!}!!
Brunch at Veselka with the cousins
Scenes from the High Line
I think the fact that each of us wore a different WAG shirt contributed to the win :)



No comments:
Post a Comment