Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year's Resolutions


I really hate the start of a new year, partly because my once-crowdless gym suddenly becomes crowded, and partly because it's the season to make resolutions that you don't end up keeping.  Because I'm one for actually achieving goals that I set for myself, I prefer to have tangible, reasonably attainable goals for myself, rather than making sweeping declarations.  So here, my dear readers, are my Tangible, Attainable Goals for 2013:

  • Assert myself more, whether in my personal or professional life {for those of you who know me, you know that assertion and conflict are not exactly two of my strong suits}
  • Run a marathon {I'm already signed up, and am in the midst of the hardest part, all of the training}
  • Eat enough, and well enough, to bribe my body to run 26.2 miles. HA!
  • Put some of my Pinterest home decor ideas to use {more on this soon!!!!!}
  • Always take the time to help or listen to a family member or friend in need, and never hesitate to let those people know how important they are to me, both through my actions and my words
  • Enjoy the little moments.  I am so goal- and milestone-oriented that I often struggle to stop and smell the roses.  I have so many wonderful things to look forward to this year that I want to enjoy everything in the moment, rather than constantly looking forward to the next thing.
  • Do things and spend time with people who bring me joy
  • Do not fear change
  • Do not forget to laugh, especially at myself!
I would love to hear some of your New Year's resolutions or goals.  How do you hold yourself accountable {or don't you?} in your quest to achieve these goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment