An association that comes to mind when I think about unconditional love is the love that a parent has for a child. No matter what the child does wrong, their parents still love them {so I suppose this post ties slightly in to forgiveness as well}. I can't overstress the importance of, at the end of the day, being able to remind yourself of how much you love someone, whether your parent, sibling, friend, child or significant other has tested you during that day. I don't always succeed at it, but I try to never go to bed angry at a person. Now, I may wake up angry the next day, but I try to not end my day with negativity. If I am upset with someone that I love, I try to take a moment at the end of the day and remind myself of why I am grateful for that person. If I have had a heated conversation with someone or am just feeling generally pissed off at them, I try to send them a text or an email, or even call them, at the end of the day to let them know that I am thinking of them.
I know that that approach may seem childish {trying to push aside legitimate problems and possibly superficially "move past" a situation}, but I think that I thrive when I am able to step back and remind myself of why I love someone. And that, my friends, is what unconditional love is all about, being able to look past petty annoyances to remind yourself to show gratitude for those who you truly love.
What does unconditional love look like?
Even if your family is fighting, you have to all come together for Thanksgiving, right?! It's un-American not to!!
Mommy and baby, such a sweet picture
Nothing makes me melt more than seeing daddies interact with babies
via morning coffee
The cutest little family
via better than fine
I'm very excited for Thursday's post {Valentine's Day, in case you live under a rock}. I have the sweetest, most romantic video to share with you that will hopefully capture the spirit of the day perfectly!




No comments:
Post a Comment