In the year prior to meeting Dan, I had been very hurt by love. I had allowed myself to be open and to be vulnerable, and it ended up not working out for me, which left me feeling raw and emotionally exhausted. That is why it was a huge risk for me to not only begin the process of dating again, but also to begin that process online. For those of you who don't know our story, we met on Match, and, while that experience is certainly not for everyone, I thought it was an incredible exercise for me in becoming more open, as well as in determining the qualities that are most important to me in a significant other. However, there is a certain degree of risk involved, perhaps more than your traditional meet-at-a-bar dating, because who someone claims to be online does not necessarily equate to who they are in person. You are taking a huge risk before you have even gone out on a date!!!
I knew from the day that I met Dan {almost two years ago! How time flies!} that he was someone special, but I still doubted whether or not I could open my heart to him because of the lingering sting of the disappointment and hurt of the previous year. It did not take me long at all to realize that he was worth it, and, tying in to my first Love Project post, he was affirming in how he felt about me, which made me feel less vulnerable and justified the investment that I was putting into our blossoming relationship. That, my friends, is the key. If you are not getting affirmation from your significant other, you will never stop feeling vulnerable, but that affirmation, well, that makes you feel like you're on an equal playing field.
I loved this picture because it shows that us gals aren't the only ones who can be vulnerable! This is the ultimate show of vulnerability from this groom, and what a sweet moment the photog captured!
via bashertweddings

No comments:
Post a Comment