Friday, February 1, 2013

The Love Project Kickoff: Support and Encouragement

Hi everyone! As promised in my last post, I have been trying to dig up some interesting articles, videos, photos, etc. to kick off this month of LOVE.  Let me tell you that I have a hum-dinger of a video, which I am going to save until Valentine's Day {sorry for the tease!}.  I hope you enjoy, because I had a lot of fun putting this together!

When I think of love, I think immediately of encouragement and support.  We all deserve to be surrounded by people who show their love for us through their supportive and affirming actions and words.  A huge part of why I feel so loved in my life, by family members, friends and Dan is because I know they all support me unconditionally and share in my joys and sorrows.  I don't take that love and support for granted, because I know, from heartbreaking story after heartbreaking story, that that is not always the case.  

The picture below {which I kind of want, by the way}, really spoke to me, because one thing I have learned, especially over the course of my relationship with Dan, is how important affirming statements like this one can be.  I think that it is so important to feel affirmed in your relationships, romantic and otherwise, so I think this shirt represents the importance of never being afraid to show the people who love how much you care about them.


On a slightly different note, but also somewhat dealing with ways in which you can make others feel more supported, my mom send me this "Pep Talk from a Kid President" video earlier this week, and I couldn't help but share.  The adorable little kid's words of encouragement made me want to go out in the world and make a difference, PLUS the video is funny!  You just want to make the kid proud!  I think I love it just about as much as Jessica's Daily Affirmations.  I can't overstate the importance of having influences like that in your life.

To sum up this post, everyone deserves to feel supported by the people in their lives, and if you feel that you are not the recipients of this particular manifestation of love, YOU DESERVE BETTER!!!!  Especially if you're the type of person to dole out support, you deserve to get the same in return.

Happy weekend, friends!  I'm looking forward to a relaxing one, after a bunch of work events last weekend and this week.  I've got a roomie night planned with Molly tonight, and what should be lots of quality time with Dan {including a Pens game and a Super Bowl party!}.  Hopefully I will be nice and refreshed on Monday...HA

No comments:

Post a Comment